1）by the way 顺便说一下；
例句：By the way, have you seen the new movie yet?
2）in a way 在某种程度上；
例句：In a way, I am glad that she is leaving.
3）on the way 在路上；
例句：He called me while he was on the way to the airport.
4）out of the way 远离，除去；
例句：He moved the chair out of the way so he could reach the window.
5）under way 进行中；
例句：The project is under way and should be completed by the end of the month.
6）come a long way 取得很大进步；
例句：He has come a long way since he started learning English.
7）make way for 离开位置，让位；
例句：The crowd made way for the ambulance to pass through.
8）lose one’s way 迷路；
例句：I lost my way in the city and had to ask for directions.
Hi! How are you doing today? By the way, do you know what time it is?
I am swamped with work, but I am trying to stay positive. I need to find a way to manage my time better.
Could you give me directions to the nearest bank? I don’t know my way around this area.
He has made a lot of progress in his English studies. He has come a long way since he started.
Excuse me, could you please make way so I can get through?
4）way经常与动词搭配使用，例如make way和lose one’s way，需要一起记忆。
5）way也常与介词搭配使用，例如in a way和on the way，记忆单独词义时需要注意。
1. Could you please _____ over so I can see the screen?
A. make way B. come a long way C. by the way
2. He has been running for 10 miles _____ the city.
A. in a way B. on the way C. out of the way
3. The project is finally _____ after months of preparation.
A. under way B. out of the way C. make way
4. Can you tell me _____ to the nearest gas station?
A. out of the way B. on the way C. in a way
5. She has worked hard and _____ her way up to be the manager of the department.
A. made way B. lost way C. come a long way
6. Excuse me, could you _____ for me to get to my seat?
A. out of the way B. make way C. under way
7. I’m not feeling well _____, maybe it’s because of the weather.
A. under way B. by the way C. in a way
8. They moved the furniture _____ to create more space for the party.
A. out of the way B. on the way C. come a long way
9. _____, did you remember to bring your umbrella today?
A. In a way B. On the way C. By the way
10. I’m sorry, I _____ my way and ended up at the wrong address.
A. lost way B. made way C. come a long way
1. A 2. B 3. A 4. B 5. C 6. B 7. A 8. A 9. C 10. A