强调句 It is/was…that…
强调句型的结构为It is / was … that / who …，用来强调除谓语以外的任何成份。被强调的部分放在is / was的后面。如果被强调的是人，则后面用who或that；如果被强调的是物或其他情况，则用that。
It was Peter who/that finished the project on time.（是Peter按时完成了这个项目。）
I met a woman yesterday, and it was she who/that helped me find my way.（昨天我遇到一个女人，是她帮我找到了路。）
It was her hard work and dedication that led to her success.（是她的辛勤工作和奉献精神使她成功。）
We need to buy a new computer, and it is the latest model that we're interested in.（我们需要购买一台新电脑，我们对最新型号感兴趣。）
It was Li Yang that I met at the train station yesterday.（我昨天在地铁站遇见了李阳。）
强调状语部分：It is/was + 被强调的状语 + that + 其他部分，可用来强调方式状语、地点状语和时间状语。
It was in the park that I met her.（是在公园里我遇到了她。）
It is with great pleasure that I accept this award.（我非常高兴地接受这个奖项。）
not …until … 句型的强调句（出题老师最爱）
- 普通句：He didn’t go to bed until/ till 11:00pm.
- 强调句：It was not until 11:00pm that he went to bed.
- 倒装句：Not until 11:00pm did he go to bed.
- 普通句：I didn’t realize she was a superstar until/ till she took off her sunglasses.
- 强调句：It was not until she took off her sunglasses that I realized she was a superstar.
- 倒装句： Not until she took off her sunglasses did I realize she was a superstar.
It was Mary that has won the first place. 将句中的it was和that 去掉, 原句变为:
Mary has won the first place. 句子结构完整，表意明确，故原句为强调句。
It is surprising that Mary should have won the first place. 如果将it is和that去掉，那么原句变为:
Mary should have won the first place surprising. 这个句子不完整，所以原句不是强调句型。此句中it为形式主语，真正的主语是that 引导的从句。
It was those children that I saw playing by the pond.将句中的it was和that去掉，则变成：I saw those children playing by the pond. 该句是一个完整的句子，故原句为强调句。
1. 如果被强调的是句子的状语，则不可用when, where或because等相应的词, 而必须用that。如：
It was on the bus that I met her yesterday. 强调地点状语on the bus，注意不能用where。
It was when I was in the kitchen that I heard an explosion. 强调时间状语when I was in the kitchen，注意不可用when。
It was stupid students who/that don’t ask questions. 尽管强调的是stupid students，是复数，仍然用is。
It was those children that I saw playing by the pond. 尽管强调的是those children，是复数，仍然用was。
It is you who are wrong. are与you保持一致
It is I who am wrong. am与I 保持一致
It is Mr Wilson who/that is the chairman. is与Mr Wilson 保持一致
4. 在强调until引出的时间状语时, 其句型为：It is not until … that …, 一般多译成汉语的肯定句。如：
It was not until 1972 that we began studying English. 直到1972年我们才开始学习英语。
It was not until yesterday that I noticed it. 我一直到昨天才注意到它。
5. 该句型的一般疑问句形式：Is / Was it …that …? 如：
Is it Mr Wilson that is the chairman?
Is it not until yesterday that you noticed it?
注意：在强调when, where, who, what等时，须将这类特殊疑问词放在句如：
When was it that the story took place? 而不说：Was it when that the story took place?
What is it that you have to sell? 而不说：Is it what that you have to sell?
如不能说：It was since it raised so many difficult questions that the book took a long time to come out. 这是因为由since/as引导的原因状语从句通常是一种已知信息，而已知信息是不需要强调的。
如果原因状语从句由because引出，则为未知信息，所以because引出的分句可作为强调句中被强调的部分。如:It was because it raised so many difficult questions that the book took a long time to come out.
7. 由though/although引导的让步状语从句及条件状语从句等也通常不能作为强调句中的被强调部分。如：The natives were generous although they were poor.
不可以改写成：It was although they were poor that the natives were generous.
1.—Were all three people in the car injured in the accident?
—No, _________ only the two passengers who got hurt.
A. it was B. there is C. it were D. there was
2. —Who is making so much noise in the garden?
— _________ the children.
A. It is B. They are C. That is D. There are
3. It was _________ she was about to go out __________ the telephone rang.
A. when; that B. so; that C. before; then D. when; before
4. It was _________ he said _________ disappointed me.
A. what; that B. that; what C. that; when D. it; when
5. _________ that silver is not widely used as a conductor?
A. Why is B. Is it why C. Why is it D. Why is that
6. —I can’t find Mr. Smith. Where did you meet him this morning?
— It was in the hotel _________ he lived
A. that B which C. the one D. where
7. It was in the small house _________ was built with stones by his father _________ he spent his childhood.
A. which; that B. that; where C. which; which D. that; which
8. It was _________ it was raining so hard that we had to stay at home all day.
A. since B. for C. as D. because
9. Is __________ three hours __________ the boy _________family is poor to come to school on foot?
A. it; that; whose B. it; that it takes; whose
C. it for; that it takes; whose D. it; when; that
10. It is a winter night _________ he spent with me last night.
A. that B. where C. as D. when